Mechanical/Plumbing Designer – Austin
Graduating Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Students:
Jose I. Guerra, Inc. is looking to hire a full-time employee to perform Mechanical and/or Plumbing design in their Austin office.
As a Mechanical/Plumbing designer, you will work on designing projects of all sizes, complexities, and industries including municipal, industrial, higher education, K-12 projects and additional types of commercial projects.
This is a full-time, salaried position with employee benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, PTO, 401(K) matching and bonuses based upon employee/Company performance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• Ability to develop and present intelligent solutions to clients
• Expertise in Revit & CAD production technologies strongly preferred
• Experience in Mechanical or Plumbing design or relevant coursework strongly preferred
• Engineer-In-Training (EIT) preferred (passed FE Exam)
Responsible for design, construction administration, and potentially project management of various challenging mechanical engineering projects.
• Must possess the ability to interact with co-workers, clients, architects, and other sub-contractors in a clear and professional manner through face-to-face, verbal, and written communication.
• Must be self-motivated, demonstrating an attitude that communicates a professional level of commitment to the job responsibilities and work schedule.
• Must have strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines effectively.
• Strong knowledge of local codes, ordinances, and standards is a plus.
• Experience with energy modeling, life-cycle cost analysis, and/or LEED certification is preferred.
* denotes required field.